What to drink
Water is essential for life. No doubt you’re drinking enough for life, but chances are you aren’t drinking enough for your best health. Drinking more water will help you reach and maintain your ideal weight. (Chapter 5 of Five for Life: Healthy ways for healthy weight explains the why and how of drinking more water.)
Aim for at least three litres of plain water per day – and work out a routine to make sure you get it.
Recognise where the extra sugar lurks. Avoid:
- fruit juice(even with ‘no added sugar’) and sweetened milk
- soft drinks, including iced tea
- vitamin waters, energy drinks and sports drinks
- drinks sweetened with non-sugar sweeteners.
Cut down on:
- caffeine in tea, coffee and energy drinks